Cleanings & Prevention
Effective Dental Cleanings in Belmont, MA
Belmont Dental Group provides families with comprehensive and effective dental cleaning services in Belmont, MA. For over 25 years, our knowledgeable dental staff has been using the latest techniques and technology to provide adults and children with safe, effective, and comfortable dental cleaning services. Routine dental cleanings are essential for maintaining your oral health. Our dentists work alongside our patients to ensure they get the care they need for their teeth. Our preventative dental treatments can help remove built-up plaque and tartar to ensure your teeth are healthy and clean. Learn more about our comprehensive dental cleaning services, and then contact us to schedule your next cleaning.
Different Types of Dental Cleaning Services
Every patient has a unique smile, and you can count on us to meet your individual needs. Your dentists will customize a dental cleaning routine that is best for you. By scheduling a routine dental cleaning, our dentists can determine the proper treatment to ensure your teeth are healthy and your smile is radiant. Learn more about the different types of dental cleaning services we offer.
- Prophylaxis Cleaning – Most preventative dental treatments include prophylaxis cleaning. It is performed on patients who have relatively healthy teeth and gums. Our dentists or dental hygienist will remove plaque and tartar and evaluate the health of your gums. We recommend scheduling a prophylaxis cleaning at least once every six months.
- Scaling and Root Planning – Excessive tartar buildup can lead to tender and swollen gums. If not removed, the tartar can eventually lead to gum disease and periodontitis, an infection of the gums, which can cause excessive bleeding and tooth loss.
- Gross Debridement – Patients who haven’t had their teeth cleaned in a long time may have excessive tartar accumulation, making it difficult to check their gum health. During a gross debridement cleaning, our dentists will remove tartar before checking for gum disease.
- Periodontal Maintenance – For patients with periodontitis, routine periodontal maintenance is imperative to preserving your teeth. Gum disease can lead to loose and missing teeth if not properly cared for.
Comprehensive Teeth Cleaning Services
At Belmont Dental Group, we’re committed to ensuring you receive the very best dental cleaning services in our modern office. With an experienced team of dentists utilizing the very best equipment and dental technology, we can help preserve your healthy and happy smile. During each visit, we’ll listen to any concerns you have about your mouth, teeth, or gums and recommend how to best alleviate the issue. During your next dental cleaning, we may provide the following services:
- Digital & Dental X-Rays – Digital x-rays allow our dentists to better look at your teeth while reducing the exposure risk to radiation. We can enlarge the image to diagnose potential dental issues with your teeth.
- Dental Exams & Cleanings – We’ll perform a comprehensive dental exam and cleaning for your teeth during your next visit. We’ll also examine your mouth for oral cancer, tooth decay, and gum disease.
- Fluoride Treatment – Fluoride is proven to help reduce tooth decay. It can help strengthen tooth enamel and combat cavities and plaque buildup when applied. Here at Belmont Dental Group, we offer topical fluoride treatments to patients looking for something extra to help strengthen their teeth.
- Dental Home Care Basics – We believe that positive oral care begins at home. We supply all our patients with everything they need to protect their teeth, including toothbrushes, floss, toothpaste, and more.
- Sealants – Sealants are a painless and easy process applied to the chewing surface of your teeth. It protects against tooth decay
What Are the Benefits of Dental Cleanings?
Good oral health is imperative to maintaining total body health. We recommend a dental cleaning every six months to reduce the chances of tooth decay, gum disease, and other dental abnormalities. At Belmont Dental Group, we’re committed to ensuring you get the very best care while you’re here. While some patients may have anxiety about visiting the dentist, we’re dedicated to providing a safe and calming experience. Regardless if you had a cleaning six months ago or six years ago, you can still enjoy the benefits of dental cleanings.
- Prevents Tooth Loss
- Reduces Bad Breath
- Prevents Cavities
Schedule Your Dental Cleaning and Exam Today
Is it time for your dental checkup? The Belmont Dental Group offers dental cleanings for adults and children throughout the area. Positive oral hygiene habits should begin the moment the first tooth erupts and lasts a lifetime. With safe and effective treatment options, we can help your smile look and feel its best. Contact our dental clinic today to schedule your next cleaning.