Straighten Your Teeth With Custom-Molded Aligners
Forget everything you’ve heard about teeth straightening. Now there’s breakthrough technology that lets you get the smile you always wanted without bands, brackets, or wires! By using a series of clear removable aligners, Invisalign straightens your teeth right before your eyes. We change them about every two weeks, and your teeth can move—little by little, week by week—until they have moved to the final position that’s been prescribed. Invisalign is comfortable to wear and is also removable so you can eat, drink, brush, and floss as usual. Invisalign is an invisible solution. You won’t draw undue attention to your mouth while in treatment. In fact, virtually no one may know you’re wearing them unless you tell.
Less Treatment Time
A typical Invisalign case takes about a year from start to finish. You may see your doctor every month or two to see how you’re progressing. Every few visits you are given additional aligners to continue your treatment. Commonly, the number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but treatment time and a number of aligners may vary.
Is Invisalign for Me?
Invisalign can be used to treat the vast majority of common problems for adults and teens.
Whether your smile needs minor improvements or more extensive adjustments, Invisalign can certainly help. It’s successful in treating overly crowded or widely spaced teeth. It can also relieve more complex issues, including overbites, underbites, and even crossbites. In fact, we can use Invisalign clear aligners in all or part of just about any treatment plan. Invisalign is clear and practically invisible, so nothing gets in the way of your new smile. No wonder Invisalign is the choice of over half a million people.
Benefits of Invisalign
Inconspicuous Treatment – For many people—adults especially—a mouth full of metal braces is more embarrassing than a mouth full of crooked teeth. One of the biggest advantages of Invisalign is that no one will know you are undergoing orthodontic treatment. Invisalign’s clear plastic aligners allow your natural teeth to show from start to finish, and can help you avoid any strange looks or persistent questions.
Unparalleled Comfort – Invisalign patients are also thankful that the clear plastic aligners are smooth and comfortable. If you opt for Invisalign, you’ll have no loose wires to poke your mouth’s soft tissues, and no brackets to tear up your lips. Invisalign’s smooth plastic aligners are designed to gently and gradually move your teeth without causing undue discomfort.
Simple Hygiene – Invisalign aligners can be removed at any time during treatment, making it easy to keep up with your regular hygiene routine. Braces, on the other hand, are difficult to effectively floss and brush around. The Invisalign trays are also easy to clean—all you have to do is brush them and rinse them with warm water.
No Dietary Restrictions – Being able to remove your Invisalign aligners at any time can also make a considerable difference during mealtimes. Traditional braces come with a long list of dietary restrictions, including whole apples, corn on the cob, and sticky foods. Invisalign comes with no such restrictions, allowing you to enjoy all your favorite foods during treatment.Find out more about the Invisalign Treatment Process at Belmont Dental Group.
Invisalign Treatment Process in Belmont, MA
A straight smile can improve the way others perceive you and the way you perceive yourself. If you want straight teeth, but would rather not endure the embarrassment of metal braces, ask your dentist about Invisalign. Invisalign uses a series of clear plastic trays to provide fast, painless, and discreet orthodontic treatment. Belmont Dental Group is proud to offer Invisalign treatment to our patients. If you’re still wondering whether Invisalign is the right option for you, you might want to learn more about the treatment process.
Invisalign is a very sophisticated orthodontic treatment. Even if your teeth are severely crooked, you should still have your dentist perform an evaluation; you’ll be surprised to learn what kinds of malocclusion Invisalign can treat.
- Crowding: Crowding occurs when the teeth grow too close together. Since it can be difficult to remove plaque from crowded teeth, people with this kind of anatomy are more likely to develop tooth decay or gum disease.
- Gaps: Gaps can be caused by abnormal jawbone growth or missing teeth. Gaps aren’t just embarrassing—they can also leave the gums exposed, thus increasing one’s risk of gum disease.
- Jaw Misalignment: There are several kinds of jawbone misalignment that can affect one’s bite. Invisalign can correct underbite, overbite, open bite, and crossbite.
Depending on the state of your teeth, Invisalign treatment could take anywhere from six months to over a year. The whole process is often shorter than similar treatment with traditional braces.
1.Evaluation: The first step is to have a dentist determine whether you’re a good candidate for Invisalign. This is a good time to ask any questions you have about the treatment.
2. Customized Plan: After your dentist has examined your teeth and determined that Invisalign can help, he will take pictures, impressions, and x-rays of your teeth. These will help him plot out your tooth movements and create a customized treatment plan.
3. Aligners Created: Once your treatment plan is finalized, your aligners are manufactured. Most Invisalign treatments involve 18 to 30 aligners.
4. Treatment: If you remember to wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours each day, you should receive your three new aligners every six weeks. Each aligner will look slightly different than the last.
5. Maintenance: Your treatment is finished once your teeth are perfectly aligned. You will need to wear retainers to maintain your new smile after treatment and you must remember to brush and floss regularly.